About the Neighbourhoods Foundation
Neighbourhoods Foundation is a charitable trust incorporated in New Zealand. It is the parent entity for the Neighbourhoods project. It steers development of the open source Social Sensemaker, maintains and facilitates $NHT liquidity and availability, and directs development of the marketplace.
The Trust's objectives are to build and maintain our suite of tools for sense-making, for the creation of digital social spaces that are community and mission-driven, and to commit the project to...
- the participant ownership and control over their means of communication, information sharing, and record-keeping;
- the development of local systems of discoverability of content and services;
- enabling stewardship and enhancement of archives of local knowledge;
- community-centered auditing and validation of the provenance of data sets;
- facilitation and support of the use of the Social Sensemaker at no cost;
- the development of an ecosystem of compatible applications;
- and free educational opportunities for community members in New Zealand and virtually.